The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls:
• A Lopez woman picked up a dog sitting in the middle of the road on her way to work. The owner was quickly identified and the dog was returned.
• A Lopez resident called deputies regarding a vehicle blocking their driveway. The owner arrived soon thereafter and removed the vehicle.
• A San Juan deputy issued an infraction to a driver for using a cell phone while driving and a warning for not wearing a seatbelt and having an expired vehicle registration.
• A deputy was dispatched to a residential burglary in Friday Harbor. While investigating the alleged crime, the deputy was told nothing was taken.
• San Juan deputies stopped a speeding vehicle on Cattle Point Road. The driver was unable to provide proof of insurance. The driver received an infraction for speeding 42 mph in a 25 mph zone and operating a motor vehicle without proof of insurance.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a reported intruder inside a residence in the early morning hours. Upon checking the house, there was no evidence that anyone had been inside.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a theft near the ferry landing.
• A Lopez deputy performed a welfare check on a local woman. She appeared to be fine and was put in contact with services that could further assist her.
• San Juan deputies were notified of aggressive driving. A report was taken.
• San Juan deputies were alerted to a report of threats. An investigation was completed and a report was generated.
• A deputy received a report of property damage on San Juan.
• A deputy was dispatched to a bike theft in the Friday Harbor area.
• A Lopez deputy responded to Spencer Spit State Park for a dog bite complaint. The involved people and dogs were camping together. Lopez Emergency Medical Services responded as well and treated the injured person, who traveled to the mainland for additional wound care.
• Deputies responded to a domestic dispute in Eastsound. After further investigation it was determined that a verbal argument occurred and no crime was committed.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle on Olga Road. The driver was issued an infraction for speed and criminally cited for driving with a suspended license in the third degree. He was also given a verbal warning for not having proof of insurance.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle on Olga Road. The driver was issued an infraction for speeding 50 in a 35 mph zone. She was given a verbal warning for not having proof of insurance.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle for passing in a no-pass zone. The driver was issued an infraction for the violation.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a Lopez business after a patron became verbally abusive to the store owner after the patron’s dog became aggressive toward a fellow patron’s child. A report was completed.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a report of domestic disturbance at a local business that had occurred the night before. When the deputy arrived, both parties had left.
• A deputy responded to a report of trespassing in Friday Harbor. A trespass letter was completed and will be served as soon as the subject is located.
• A deputy was called to investigate a hit-and-run with property damage at the Lopez Island School. A vehicle struck part of the school building, damaging both the vehicle and the building. The driver fled the scene.
• A deputy responded to a report of a hit and run on private property in Friday Harbor. The deputy found that the elderly driver didn’t realize he backed into a car. The accident was found to be a non-reportable accident and the driver was cited for not having insurance.
• A Lopez resident requested that a subject leave their home and property. The subject was contacted and a trespass warning notice was served.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a driver for driving with a suspended driver’s license. The driver was arrested for driving without a license, possession of a dangerous weapon and issued an infraction for not having insurance.
• A Lopez deputy was contacted regarding the trade of two automobiles that occurred without any of the proper paperwork and documentation. The person was referred to civil court for this non-criminal matter.
• A deputy on Orcas responded to an assault. A report was taken.
• A Lopez deputy was contacted regarding the theft of a vehicle from a local resort parking lot. The deputy located the vehicle parked on resort property.
• A deputy stopped a vehicle for failing to yield in Eastsound. The driver was found to have a suspended license. The driver was later issued a citation for the suspended license and an infraction for failing to yield to the right of way.
• A Lopez man reported a dingy had possibly washed onto a Lopez Island beach. The vessel owner was identified and efforts were made to locate them.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a driver for operating a vehicle without a driver’s license. The driver was issued an infraction for not having a valid operator’s license or insurance.
• A purse was turned in to a Lopez deputy. Attempts were made to locate the off-island owner.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a driver for not wearing a seat belt. The driver was issued an infraction for not wearing a seat belt.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle on Enchanted Forest Road. The driver was issued infractions for speeding and passing in a no-passing zone. The driver was arrested for DUI. The vehicle was impounded pending a search warrant. The investigation is ongoing.
• The reporting deputy was dispatched to a trespassing complaint in San Juan Island. The reporting deputy arrived and arrested one person for trespassing.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a noise complaint at a marina. The revelers dispersed when asked to do so.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor issued a driver an infraction for cell phone use while driving and a warning for not having vehicle registration.
• A deputy responded to a welfare check in Friday Harbor.
• Deputies responded to a welfare check in Friday Harbor. Deputies spoke with two people at the residence and found everything appeared to be normal.
• A deputy issued an infraction to a driver for making a prohibited U-turn in Friday Harbor.
• A Lopez deputy was called with questions about firearms regulations on the island.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a report of a vehicle partially parked in the roadway. The vehicle was located, and a parking ticket was issued.
• San Juan deputies were called to the jail to handle a possible medical issue with an inmate. The duty paramedic responded and cleared the inmate fit for jail.
• A San Juan deputy was contacted by a parent referencing that her son was out late.