The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a report of a vehicle that passed a stopped school bus off loading children. The deputy identified the driver of the vehicle and issued him an infraction.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to the area of Mount Baker Road and North Beach Road for a hit-and-run of a cable box. (Read more in the Oct. 18 edition of the Journal.)
• An Orcas deputy took a theft report of an outboard boat motor, gas tank and a hose.
• An Orcas deputy issued an unlawful mooring ticket to a vessel in Westsound.
• A San Juan detective responded to the Mullis Senior Center regarding the report of a domestic violence incident which allegedly occurred.
• An Orcas resident reported a suspicious vehicle driving around Mount Entrance Road. The vehicle was seen twice in the last two days.
• An Orcas deputy initiated a traffic stop on Olga Road. The driver was cited for speeding 65 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• A vessel on an Orcas county dock received a ticket for overnight mooring.
• Lopez deputies responded to a request from Illinois to locate a fugitive warrant suspect on the island. The suspect was located and booked into jail.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a single- vehicle traffic collision off Crow Valley Road. An investigation was conducted and a report completed.
• A Lopez deputy was called regarding horses running at large on Center Road creating a traffic hazard. No horses were located in the area.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a found property call in Friday Harbor on Spring Street. The item was submitted into the property room and a report was taken.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a runaway juvenile call in Friday Harbor. Information and a clothing description were obtained and a report was filed.
• A vessel in West Sound on Orcas was ticketed for unlawful mooring.
• An Orcas deputy took a report about an ongoing trespassing issue in the Eastsound area.
• A Lopez resident reported an erratic driver on the south end of the island. The car was located later at the ferry landing and the driver was counseled about his driving.
• Lopez deputies responded to the 3800 block of Mud Bay Road for a report of a person shooting at deer from a moving vehicle. The vehicle was not located.
• A boat on Orcas received an unlawful mooring ticket on the West Sound county dock.
• A Lopez woman reported a vehicle trespassing on her property. The trespasser told the property owner that she was looking for her missing cat, and left when told to do so by the owner.
• A Lopez resident was stopped for speeding and cited for driving with a suspended license.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver on North Beach Road a citation for driving without a valid operator’s license and a warning for expired registration.
• A San Juan deputy took a report of a possible theft from outside a storage unit.
• Deputies were dispatched to a dispute on San Juan Island. The dispute was resolved by the deputy.
• A Lopez woman received a citation for speeding in a school zone near the Lopez Island School.
• A deputy settled a citizen dispute at a store in Friday Harbor.
• A Lopez deputy found cows that had escaped from their pasture. The cows were herded back in and secured.
• A wanted person turned themselves into the Orcas substation and posted bail.