The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy issued citations to a Friday Harbor driver for operating a vehicle with a suspended/revoked license in the third degree and using a cell phone while driving. The person was also warned for not having insurance and registration documents.
• A deputy investigated a complaint of child abuse on Lopez. The case was referred to child protective services for investigation.
• A Lopez Island resident reported receiving several harassing telephone calls late at night.
• A deputy responded to a walk-in report of an animal problem in Friday Harbor. The deputy gathered the information, spoke with the individuals involved and completed an informational report. No further investigation is needed.
• A Lopez deputy was called regarding an occupied vessel trespassing on a private mooring buoy. Options were provided to the caller, who chose to take no immediate action.
• A deputy stopped a driver for using a cell phone while driving. It was also discovered her driver’s license was expired and she did not have insurance. The driver was issued citations for all three offenses.
• A deputy was dispatched to a welfare check in Friday Harbor.
• Deputies responded to a reported domestic disturbance in the Eastsound area. The incident was verbal only, and no assaults had occurred.
• A driver on Orcas Island was cited for not wearing his seatbelt and not having the required liability insurance. He was given a warning for not having his license or registration with him and failing to transfer ownership within 45 days.
• A deputy issued citations to a Friday Harbor driver for speeding and not having insurance.
• An Orcas deputy located a vehicle illegally parked within 20 feet of a stop sign. A parking citation was left on the car.
• A deputy was dispatched to a civil dispute in Friday Harbor.
• Orcas deputies responded to a littering complaint at the end of Blanchard Road near Eastsound. Deputies located the discarded item, identified the suspect and issued her an infraction.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a two-vehicle collision. One driver was cited for failing to yield right of way.
• Deputies stopped a vehicle for expired tabs on Olga Road on Orcas. The driver was issued a criminal citation for failure to transfer a title within 45 days, and a traffic infraction for failure to carry proof of insurance and having expired tabs.
• A Friday Harbor deputy issued a citation to a driver for failing to yield to the right away and gave a warning for not using a turn signal.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a traffic hazard on Military and Fisherman Bay Roads. It was determined that a wheel fell off a trailer while it was being used to move a boat.
• An Orcas deputy conducted a traffic stop and issued the driver a citation for speeding 39 mph in a 25 mph zone on Lover’s Lane in Eastsound.
• An Orcas deputy issued a ticket for a vehicle illegally parked within 20 feet of a stop sign.
• A deputy responded to a shoplifting call in Friday Harbor. The suspect was issued a criminal citation for theft in the third degree and released. A report was made.
• Orcas deputies stopped a vehicle for speeding near Olga. The driver was issued a speeding ticket for driving 60 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• Orcas deputies stopped a vehicle for speeding on Orcas Road. The driver was issued a speeding ticket for 60 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• A Lopez Island man was issued a citation for driving 59 mph in a 35 mph zone on Mud Bay Road.
• Orcas deputies responded to a report of a dog attacking livestock near Jackson Road. Deputies identified the dog’s owner and issued a citation.
• A Lopez resident reported a suspicious person at their residence. The suspect was located, identified and directed not to return to the property.
• A Lopez deputy issued a speeding ticket to a motorist on Fisherman Bay Road.
• A deputy was contacted regarding a runaway juvenile in the Friday Harbor area. During the contact, the juvenile returned home.
• Deputies located a male with an outstanding warrant near Eastsound. The male was arrested and transported to the substation where he posted bail.
• A Lopez deputy issued an infraction to a Bothell man for driving 40 mph in a 25 mph zone on Fisherman Bay Road.
• A Lopez deputy was called for a dog at large complaint. The dog’s owner was issued a citation.
• Orcas deputies stopped a vehicle for speeding on Lover’s Lane near Eastsound. The driver was issued a ticket for driving 42 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A deputy was dispatched to a domestic disturbance in the Friday Harbor area and contacted the involved parties. One person was transported to the hospital for medical issues.
• A Lopez Island deputy was called about a dog running at large near the school. The dog was chasing rabbits in a thicket of wild roses and would not let anyone get close to it. It was not injured or in distress.
• A deputy was dispatched to a docking issue in Roche Harbor. All violators were issued citations for failure to have a permit.
• A deputy on Orcas stopped a vehicle for expired registration. The driver was issued citations for not having a valid operators’ license and having expired registration.
• A Lopez deputy warned a driver for having a defective taillight.
• A deputy took a report of an order violation in Eastsound. It appeared that a person attempted to make contact with the protected person through a third party. The protected person made a report.
• A Lopez Island man was cited for driving with a suspended or revoked license in the third degree. He was also wanted on a San Juan County District Court bench warrant for driving with a suspended or revoked license.
• A Lopez Island deputy issued an unlawful moorage citation to an Oregon vessel tied up overnight on the Hunter Bay Dock.
• Orcas deputies stopped a speeding vehicle on Orcas Road at Cove Road. The driver was issued citations for driving 57 mph in a 40 mph zone and operating a motor vehicle without proof of insurance.
• A deputy issued a citation to a driver for failure to stop at a stop sign and gave a warning for not having proof of insurance.
• Deputies were dispatched to an unwanted person call in Friday Harbor. The person was issued a warning letter.
• Orcas deputies were made aware of a fraud attempt. A suspect attempted to purchase a phone through the victim’s carrier account. No loss was incurred by the carrier or the victim.
• A deputy was dispatched to a malicious mischief call that occurred in Friday Harbor. There are no suspects at this time.
• A deputy made a traffic stop in the Friday Harbor area. He issued a citation to the driver for not having a valid operator’s license or proof of insurance.