The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A deputy was dispatched to a report of fraudulent activity in Friday Harbor.
• A wanted person turned themselves in on a warrant at the Orcas substation in Eastsound. The subject posted bail and was released with a signed promise to appear in court.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a traffic offense in the Eastsound area. The reporting party told dispatch that a vehicle had passed a school bus as it was off-loading children. The vehicle and operator information was passed to the deputy.
• Orcas deputies responded to a suspicious call near the ferry landing. After an investigation was completed, the person was arrested for being in control of a vehicle while intoxicated.
• A Friday Harbor deputy arrested a wanted person in Friday Harbor. They were processed and placed in a holding cell until their arraignment.
• A deputy responded to a vehicle collision on Orcas Road. There was a single vehicle left at the scene and another vehicle had left. The other vehicle has been identified along with the driver. The circumstances surrounding the collision are under investigation.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a report of a theft of property out of an unlocked vehicle.
• A deputy responded to a parking problem call in Friday Harbor. The owner of the vehicle was issued a citation for having expired vehicle registration over 45 days and a parking ticket for parking too close to a fire hydrant.
• A deputy responded to a vehicle collision on Orcas. A car collided with a power pole. There were no injuries. The driver admitted to being distracted. A citation was issued for not having insurance.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle for a defective brake light. The driver was issued a citation for not having insurance.
• An Orcas deputy took a walk-in report of a hit-and-run. The incident was documented.
• A San Juan deputy placed a wanted person in custody for a warrant.
• A deputy took a report of a vehicle prowl in Eastsound. A cell phone was taken from the center console of an unlocked vehicle.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a suspicious call at a local Eastsound business. The reporting party wanted to report multiple crimes, but upon further investigation, all claims were determined to be unfounded.
• A San Juan deputy was contacted in reference to an unwanted person.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a report of a theft.
• An Orcas deputy initiated a traffic stop in Eastsound for a defective taillight. The driver was issued a citation for having a suspended driver’s license.
• A Lopez deputy was sent to investigate a 911 hang-up call. Upon contact with the caller, it was determined there was no emergency and the call was dialed accidentally.
• A Lopez deputy warned a driver of a commercial truck for speeding.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a hit-and-run. The suspect was located and issued citations for a hit-and-run and following too closely.
• A U.S. passport was found in Lopez Village. A local business owner assisted in locating the passport holder.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle for driving without headlights during hours of darkness. The driver was issued a citation for not having insurance.
• A driver was issued a citation for driving 50 mph in a 35 mph zone on Center Road on Lopez.
• A Friday Harbor deputy issued a citation to a driver for failing to stop at a stop sign and warned them for not having insurance and driving with expired vehicle registration.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle for speeding. The driver was issued a citation for not having insurance.
• Orcas deputies responded to an Eastsound residence for a reported domestic dispute. No crimes had been committed but one of the parties wished to leave. Arrangements were made for her to safely leave the scene.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle for having expired tabs. The driver was arrested for driving with a suspended license and issued citations for expired registration over two months and not having insurance.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle for having expired tabs. The driver was issued a citation for not having a valid operator’s license with identification.
• A deputy responded to a suspicious circumstance in Friday Harbor. The suspect was taken into custody for illegal camping and possession of an explosive device.
• A deputy was dispatched to found property in the Friday Harbor area. The items were placed into evidence for disposal.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle on Enchanted Forest Road. The driver, a local woman, was issued a citation for speeding 51 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• Deputies were dispatched to a domestic dispute in Friday Harbor. It was found to be only verbal, and both parties agreed to calm down for the rest of the evening.
• A deputy conducted an area check in Eastsound. Contact was made with two males outside a closed business. It was discovered they had permission to be there.
• A deputy completed a property check in Friday Harbor.
• A deputy was conducting an area check in Friday Harbor and issued a citation for illegal camping.