The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• A Lopez resident reported receiving a scam phone call from someone claiming that the callers’ grandson was in jail and needed bail money. No money or personal information was lost.
• A Lopez deputy was dispatched to 1400 block of Fisherman Bay Road, where a vehicle went into the ditch attempting to turn around.
• A San Juan deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding 41 mph in a 25 mph zone and driving without insurance.
• A San Juan deputy noticed an abandoned vehicle in the roadway.
• A San Juan deputy issued a citation to a driver for failing to show proof of current liability insurance and warning for speed.
• A San Juan deputy issued a citation to a driver for failing to wear a seat belt and a warning for an illegal U-turn.
• A San Juan deputy cited a driver for having expired vehicle registration and a warning for failing to yield.
• A Friday Harbor deputy issued citations to a driver for failing to wear a seat belt and for having an expired registration.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a dog at large complaint in the 3000 block of Mud Bay Road. The dog was gone when the deputy arrived. The owner and dog were identified. It was learned a person unfamiliar with the dog had let it out.
• San Juan deputies responded to a single-vehicle collision. The driver was arrested for driving under the influence and vehicular assault and infractions for driving with wheels off the roadway and speeding.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a vehicle with a headlight out. The driver had failed to transfer his title within 45 days. An arrest was made. After a consensual search, suspected drugs were found. The driver was booked into San Juan County Jail.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a report of domestic violence in Friday Harbor. The suspect was arrested for assault in the fourth degree – domestic violence.
• A San Juan deputy received a report of a person who was causing problems in the 300 block of Carter Ave. The person was escorted from the business.
• A Lopez resident reported that another resident was illegally operating a commercial vehicle on the road without the appropriate license. No violation had occurred.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a vehicle with a defective license plate light. The driver was issued citations for not having a valid driver’s license and for not having insurance. Warnings were given for failing to have registration in the vehicle and for the defective light.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a residence for a burglary complaint. Nothing was missing from the unoccupied home, but the unidentified perpetrator had damaged the house while making entry.
• A juvenile on Shaw male was arrested for the offenses of assault in the third degree, hit-and-run on a pedestrian, reckless driving and malicious mischief in the third degree. He was sent to a detention center.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a driver for not wearing a seat belt. The driver was given a citation for the seat belt and warnings for a defective brake light and obstructed license plate.
• An Orcas deputy and emergency medical personnel responded to a report of a three-car non-injury collision with entrapment. One vehicle was towed and the other two were driven from the scene.
• A San Juan deputy observed a possible order violation by a man out on release conditions with a GPS ankle monitor.
• A Lopez resident was issued a dog at-large warning after neighbors complained it was aggressive.
• San Juan deputy issued a driver a citation for speeding 55 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• Orcas deputies were dispatched to a motor vehicle accident on Terrill Beach Road. The driver was arrested for driving under the influence and with a suspended license. He was issued multiple citations and the vehicle was impounded.
• A San Juan deputy issued a driver citations for no insurance and expired registration. Warnings were given for no front license plate and driving with a suspended registration.
• A Friday Harbor deputy issued citations to a driver for not having a valid driver’s license, for not having proof of liability insurance, for failing to stop at a stop sign and failing to obtain Washington driver’s license.
• A Lopez resident was cited for driving 52 mph in a 35 mph section of Mud Bay Road.
• Deputies responded to an Eastsound business on a report of a harassment complaint. Further investigation led to the arrest of a local man for the crimes of stalking and criminal trespass. The suspect was booked into the San Juan County Jail.
• A San Juan deputy gave a driver a warning for failing to stop at a stop sign.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a vehicle for speeding. Warnings were given for speed and defective brake light.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a vehicle for expired registration and a warning was given.
• Deputies were dispatched to a report of an unwanted person in Friday Harbor. The subject left without further incident and was asked not to return.
• A deputy was made aware of a non-injury boating accident that had occurred on April 29 in San Juan County waters. A boating accident report was completed by the owner-operator.
• A Lopez deputy and emergency medical services responded to a report of a missing child. The 2-year-old was located unharmed by family members. The child had wandered off while following the family pet.