The sheriff’s office responded to the following calls.
• An Orcas deputy received a report of a traffic offense. The incident was investigated and report was taken.
• A deputy contacted a Lopez resident in Lopez Village about his dog behaving aggressively. The owner stated he would keep his dog under control.
• A deputy located and arrested a person with an outstanding warrant inside a Friday Harbor store.
• An Orcas deputy conducted a breath test after a local company commercial truck was involved in a minor collision. The test revealed alcohol was not present.
• Deputies responded to an Eastsound address in search of a person with a warrant for their arrest. The area was checked and the suspect was not located.
• A deputy responded to a Lopez residence regarding a residential burglary and stolen vehicle complaint. The suspect was located on the mainland with the vehicle. An investigation continues.
• Deputies responded to a residence on San Juan to investigate a report of an assault. The incident was investigated and an arrest was made.
• Lopez deputies investigated a burglary on Lopez Sound Road. A suspect was identified and charges are pending.
• An Orcas deputy cited a driver for speeding 39 mph in a 25 mph zone on Mount Baker Road.
• A Lopez deputy euthanized an injured deer on Fisherman Bay Road.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a possible case of elder abuse in the Eastsound area. The deputy found no evidence of abuse.
• An Orcas Island deputy responded to the Eastsound area for a non-injury collision.
• An Orcas deputy cited a driver for speeding 60 mph in a 35 mph zone.
• A Lopez deputy warned a driver for speeding, having an expired registration (less than two months expired) and driving with defective equipment.
• A Lopez Island deputy responded to a fallen tree, blocking Port Stanley Road. Area residents cut the tree, clearing the roadway.
• A deputy responded to a report of several vandalized vehicles in Friday Harbor. There are no leads or evidence at this time.
• A deputy was dispatched to a reported citizen dispute on San Juan Island. The deputy contacted the involved parties, who agreed to separate for the night.
• Orcas deputies responded to a report of a wanted person located in an Eastsound residence. The homeowner was uncooperative and a search warrant was granted. The suspect was found inside the residence. Both were booked into jail. For more info, see “Orcas woman arrested for allegedly hiding a fugitive and possessing drug paraphernalia” at www.sanjuanjournal.com.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a report of a trespasser. The suspect was contacted and arrested for criminal trespass in the second degree.
• A deputy responded to a burglary call in Friday Harbor. Information and evidence were gathered and a report was taken.
• A Lopez woman reported that there is ongoing suspicious activity occurring near her home. She requested extra patrols in the area.
• A San Juan Island deputy conducted a welfare check. The subject was at their house and the subject’s mother said she will contact the school.
• A Friday Harbor deputy responded to a walk-in at the station regarding a harassment complaint. After speaking with the complainant and reporting party, the complainant declined to make a report.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a report of a burglary of a business. Cash was taken. This case is still under investigation.
• A deputy was dispatched to a single-vehicle crash on San Juan Island. A deputy arrived and located the vehicle off the roadway.