The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls:
• A deputy investigated a report of animal neglect on San Juan Island.
• A deputy investigated a vehicle being tampered with in Friday Harbor.
• A deputy on San Juan Island received a report of a burglary that had occurred in June. The victim gave the deputy suspect information and the case is under investigation.
• A Lopez artist reported the theft of specialty tools from a workshop.
• A vessel was found on the Westsound county dock overnight. The owner was issued a citation.
• A deputy conducted a traffic stop in Eastsound. The driver was warned for speeding and given a citation for expired vehicle registration.
• A citizen reported that unknown persons were inside her San Juan Island cabin. Deputies arrested two subjects for trespassing and alcohol-related crimes.
• A Friday Harbor deputy responded to a possible wanted person. The case is still active.
• A Lopez deputy took a report of a generator theft on an outer island. The incident is part of an ongoing civil dispute.
• A deputy discovered a case of telephone fraud. A San Juan citizen, was told he won money but needed to provide a credit card number before receiving it. The investigation is ongoing.
• A Lopez deputy took a complaint of an unoccupied vehicle blocking ferry traffic. A citation was issued.
• A Lopez deputy received a report of a residential burglary. An investigation showed it was likely a false alarm.
• A Lopez deputy stopped a motorist and issued a ticket for speeding on Fisherman Bay Road.
• Deputies checked on a San Juan Island resident. The person was found to be fine and no further action was taken.
• A Lopez deputy received a report of a stolen bicycle.
• A non-injury traffic collision occurred in Eastsound.
• A deputy stopped a motorist and issued a ticket for speeding on Fisherman Bay Road.
• A deputy stopped a motorist and issued a ticket for speeding near Lopez Village.
• A Lopez deputy stopped a motorist and issued a ticket for failure to stop at a stop sign on Fisherman Bay Road.
• A Lopez deputy stopped a motorist and issued a ticket for failure to wear a seatbelt on Fisherman Bay Road.
• An Orcas deputy stopped a car for speeding on Olga Road. The driver was issued a citation for speed and a verbal warning for having expired liability insurance.
• A deputy was dispatched to a juvenile problem in the Friday Harbor area.
• A Lopez deputy investigated a noise complaint at a wedding reception around midnight. The music was turned down.
• A Lopez Island deputy was sent to investigate a 911 hang-up call from a local bar. The establishment was open for business, and no problem was identified.
• A vessel was cited for violation of day-use only mooring at the Obstruction Pass county dock on Orcas.
• A Lopez deputy took a trespassing complaint on an outer island. The incident was investigated with possible charges pending.
• A Friday Harbor resident reported that she believed her neighbor had done something to her missing cat. The neighbor was contacted and said he had not seen the cat, but likes cats, wouldn’t hurt a cat, and will watch for the cat.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received a report of an illegal burn. The deputy assisted the fire department and issued a citation to a citizen for an outdoor burning violation.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a report of a domestic disturbance in the Rosario area. It was determined that there was no assault, it was just a heated argument; the parties separated for the night.
• A Lopez deputy received a report of a vehicle collision, which occurred the previous week in the ferry line.
• A deputy took a report of a power box and a building on the property with graffiti tagged on it in Eastsound.
• A Friday Harbor resident visited the emergency room with injuries from an assault. Deputies contacted the victim and prepared a probable cause statement for the suspect. The suspect was arrested for assault in the second degree.
• A deputy in Friday Harbor received an unwanted person report. The person was contacted and was removed from the property.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to a dog bite.
• A deputy served an arrest warrant in Friday Harbor, the person with the warrant was contacted and taken into custody. The person was transported to the sheriff’s office and booked into the jail.
• A deputy responded to a possible hit-and-run collision with property damage in Friday Harbor.
• A Lopez deputy was sent to investigate a 911 hang-up call from a local business. The building was secure, and there was no indication of any problem.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a call of a 911 hang-up. The business, where the call came from was locked and the perimeter secure. No problem was found.