The San Juan County Sheriff’s Office responded to the following calls.
• When a deputy responded to a theft report in Friday Harbor the suspect was gone. Information was collected, and the investigation is ongoing.
• Orcas deputies responded to a report of a resident being harassed.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a single-car, noninjury wreck. It was determined that the car hit a patch of black ice and slid off the road onto its side.
• San Juan deputies removed an unwanted woman from a location.
• Orcas deputies investigated a fraud complaint. The suspect told the complainant she was due a refund. She gave him access to her bank account. He made it look like he put too much money in, claimed it was a mistake then asked her to send back the difference in gift cards.
• Approximately 1 gram of white substance was found on San Juan and logged into the property room for destruction.
• An Orcas deputy administered a breath test for a state department of licensing requirement.
• Orcas deputies responded to a hit-and-run complaint. The damage was minimal, and the victim did not wish to pursue charges.
• A Lopez resident reported Medicare fraud. Deputies offered other resources to take care of the issue.
• A deputy arrested a wanted person in Friday Harbor, who later was released on bail.
• Orcas deputies and fire personnel responded to a two-vehicle noninjury collision. A driver was issued citations for failing to yield the right-of-way during a left turn and for not having a valid operator’s license.
• An Orcas deputy arrested a man with a felony warrant out of Skagit County.
• A Lopez deputy assisted a part-time resident with out of state vehicle registration documentation.
• A San Juan deputy issued a driver a citation for having no proof of liability insurance, and for an expired registration, and a warning for speeding.
• A driver was issued a citation for failing to stop at a stop sign in Friday Harbor.
• A deputy on San Juan issued a speeding driver a citation.
• A Friday Harbor deputy issued a driver a citation for not having proof of liability insurance and warnings for failing to carry registration and for a defective taillight.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of a burglary. The suspect was located on site, arrested and booked into jail.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a traffic citation for traveling 38 mph in a 25 mph zone on Mt. Baker Road.
• A deputy responded to a report of a dog running-at-large in Lopez Village. The dog was located, but would not let anyone get close to it. The probable owner was identified and contacted.
• A Lopez deputy was called to a citizen dispute over beach access. A homeowner challenged the people walking the beach after they had apparently ignored county signs at Otis Perkins Park that identifies the beach and tidelands beyond the sign as private property.
• A San Juan deputy was dispatched to a single-vehicle wreck and found it had gone off the road into a tree.
• Deputies removed an animal carcass from the roadway at Orcas and Deer Harbor roads.
• An Orcas deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle for speeding 16 mph over the speed limit.
• A Lopez deputy cited a driver for traveling 50 mph in a 35 mph on Center Road. The driver was also warned for not carrying a driver’s license, and for not having a current registration document or insurance documents in the car.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a report of a suspicious vehicle. The driver was arrested for driving while their license was suspended in the third degree, and for possession of a controlled substance.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a vehicle for speeding and issued the driver a citation for not having insurance.
• An Orcas deputy issued a driver a citation for traveling 45 mph in a 35 mph zone. The driver had previously been warned multiple times about speeding.
• A Lopez deputy caught a dog running at-large in Lopez Village. The owner was identified, and the dog was returned. The owner received a warning letter.
• A San Juan deputy issued a juvenile a criminal citation for possession of marijuana.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a report of an assault. The victim did not wish to pursue charges.
• A San Juan deputy responding to a noise complaint about a vehicle alarm found the car with its engine still running. The registered owner was issued a citation for an unattended vehicle.
• Orcas deputies were dispatched with EMS to a single-vehicle rollover wreck with a person still in the vehicle. The driver was arrested for reckless driving and vehicular assault.
• Deputies were dispatched to a verbal domestic dispute in Friday Harbor. The involved parties were separated.
• A San Juan deputy responded to a wreck.
• Orcas deputies were dispatched to a runaway juvenile call in the Eastsound area. The young man was later located and returned home safely.
• A San Juan deputy issued a driver citations for not having proof of liability insurance, for having an expired registration and for defective taillights. The driver also received a warning for failing to obtain a Washington driver’s license.