The sheriff’s office responded to these calls:
• A Lopez deputy ticketed a driver for speeding in a school zone.
• In Friday Harbor, deputies arrested a male on an out-of-county warrant. He was booked into jail.
• A driver in Friday Harbor was arrested on a warrant, provided bail and received a citation for driving with a suspended license in the third degree.
• Deputies in Friday Harbor received a report of an order violation.
• An investigation continues into a report of harassment in Friday Harbor.
• Orcas deputies responded to a possible driving under the influence case. After investigating, the driver was arrested for DUI.
• A Friday Harbor driver received a citation for cell phone use while driving.
• A Lopez deputy responded to a report of men yelling profanities and of multiple gunshots on Ferry Road. No injured person was located, and the gunshots, source was not confirmed.
• A deputy cited a driver traveling 52 mph in a 35 mph zone in Eastsound.
• A driver in Eastsound was cited for driving 47 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a vehicle for having expired registration, no front plate and defective brake lights. The driver received a citation for an expired registration over two months.
• A San Juan driver was arrested for not having a valid operator’s license. A citation was issued for having expired registration for over two months and not having insurance.
• A deputy was dispatched to a traffic offense in Friday Harbor.
• A Friday Harbor deputy cited a driver traveling 45 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• For not having proof of insurance liability and failing to change the address on both the driver’s license and vehicle registration, a driver was cited on San Juan.
• A Lopez deputy was called about a welfare check. The person was located and escorted to the clinic.
• An ongoing identity theft problem for a Lopez resident resulted in deputies filing a report.
• On San Juan, a deputy made contact with a person about a civil problem.
• On San Juan, a deputy took a trespass report. The suspect has been issued trespass letters in the past.
• Deputies responded to a report of a young person, in Eastsound, found to have alcohol. An investigation was conducted and a report sent to juvenile services.
• A Lopez deputy responded to an apparent burglary of an unoccupied residence. Possible evidence was collected.
• A deputy on San Juan was dispatched to a report of an abandoned vehicle that was blocking the roadway. The vehicle was impounded.
• Child Protective Services requested that an Orcas deputy perform a welfare check. The subjects were OK at their home, and an investigation is ongoing.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a vehicle with expired registration and defective brake lights. The driver was arrested for driving with a suspended license and was issued a citation for having an expired registration over two months.
• A driver on San Juan was stopped for expired registration, then arrested for driving with a suspended license and possession of cocaine, as well as issued a citation for not having insurance and expired tabs over two months.
• A Friday Harbor deputy issued a driver a citation for an expired vehicle registration over two months and not having proof of liability insurance.
• A San Juan driver was arrested for driving with a suspended license, and released with a citation for driving with a suspended license and operating a vehicle with no interlock device.
• A deputy was dispatched to a residential burglary in the Eastsound area.
• San Juan deputies stopped a driver for an equipment violation. The driver was unable to provide proof of insurance, and was cited for not having insurance as well as a warning for the violation.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a vehicle for an obstructed rear license plate, then issued an infraction for not having a valid operator’s license with ID.
• The reporting deputy was dispatched to a citizen dispute in the San Juan Island area. The parties were advised to stay away from each other.
• An Orcas deputy was dispatched to an aggravated assault around Eastsound. The investigation is ongoing.
• A deputy was dispatched to a citizen assist found near San Juan, and explained it was a landlord-tenant issue.
• An Orcas Island deputy received a call about a theft and took a report.
• An abandoned vehicle on a county roadway on Orcas was impounded.
• A Lopez deputy was sent to check on a dog that appeared to have been hit by a car along Center Road. The dog was not injured, but lying in its driveway.
• Deputies were dispatched to a possible attempted burglary in the Friday Harbor area.
• An Orcas deputy investigated an abandoned vehicle on a county roadway with an expired registration. The owner of the vehicle, a scrap company, was asked to keep dispatch informed to avoid having scrap cars impounded in the future.
• Deputies were contacted about a trespassing in the San Juan Island area. A report was taken and several others were served with trespass warning letters.
• A San Juan deputy issued a citation to a driver for not having a valid operating license with an ID and not having current proof of liability insurance.
• A deputy on Orcas contacted a group of persons on land bank property after hours. One person had an outstanding warrant, was arrested and booked into jail.
• A San Juan driver was issued a citation for passing in a no-passing zone.
• A deputy completed a report about a mail theft in the San Juan Island area.
• A San Juan deputy was contacted about alleged evidence of drug use in a public park.
• A deputy found a vehicle parked on a Friday Harbor roadway and had it impounded.
• A deputy on San Juan was contacted in reference to a possible theft.
• An Orcas Island deputy was dispatched to a welfare check in the Eastsound area. The subject was located and stated they were fine.