The San Juan County Sheriff’s office responded to the following calls.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of a domestic incident. A suspect was arrested.
• Deputies conducted a welfare check of an individual on San Juan, they found no cause for intervention.
• A Lopez man reported suspicious activity at his neighbor’s house. The reported subjects were gone when the deputy arrived.
• San Juan deputies responded to a report of a domestic incident. Investigation revealed no crime had occurred.
• Deputies on Orcas stopped a vehicle for speeding and traveling left of the center lane. The driver was issued a citation for speeding 9 mph over the speed limit, and a verbal warning to stay in their lane.
• Deputies were dispatched to a reported impaired driver in Friday Harbor. The driver was taken in custody for driving under the influence.
• Deputies responded to the Eastsound area for a report of a missing person. The individual returned the next morning unharmed.
• Deputies on Orcas cited a driver for traveling 12 mph over the speed limit and for having an expired vehicle registration of more than two months.
• San Juan issued a driver a citation for expired registration over two months.
• A deputy on Orcas was dispatched to an agency assist near Eastsound.
• An Orcas deputy issued a citation to a person for abandoning their vehicle at a towing company.
• San Juan deputies issued a driver a citation for having an expired registration.
• San Juan deputy issued a driver a citation for the expired registration and for not having insurance.
• A deputy arrested a driver in Friday Harbor for driving under the influence. The driver was processed and released.
• A Lopez deputy followed up on a report of possible narcotics in a vacant structure. No evidence was located.
• Deputies recovered suspected drugs from the MV Hyak at the Orcas landing.
• An Orcas resident reported a wallet stolen from a vehicle.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a vehicle for having a defective taillight. The driver was arrested for an ignition interlock violation and was issued a citation for a defective taillight.
• San Juan deputies arrested a suspect on a warrant.
• A deputy issued a driver in Friday Harbor a citation for failing to carry proof of liability insurance and a warning for failing to obey a stop sign.
• A deputy stopped the driver of a vehicle on Orcas Road for traveling 63 mph in a 40 mph zone. The driver was issued a citation.
• A deputy conducted a traffic stop near Eastsound and issued the driver a citation for 45 mph in a 25 mph zone.
• A Lopez deputy stopped a vehicle after he saw it pass bicyclists in a no passing zone. The driver drove into the center line, which was occupied by an oncoming vehicle. The deputy issued the driver a ticket for not having car insurance and for unsafe passing.
• A driver in Friday Harbor received a citation for speeding.
• An Orcas deputy responded to a trespassing complaint in Eastsound. The suspect was located and was issued a trespass letter.
• A deputy on San Juan issued a driver a citation for not having proof of liability insurance and a warning for failing to stop at stop sign.
• A driver on San Juan was issued a warning for failing to stop at a stop sign and for not turning on their taillights.
• A deputy was called about a man causing a disturbance at the Lopez ferry dock. He had apparently missed the last ferry to Friday Harbor and refused offers of assistance.
• A deputy on San Juan stopped a vehicle for speeding. The driver was issued a citation for that and for not having insurance.
• A Lopez man found property abandoned in his vehicle that had been parked overnight at the Lopez Ferry Landing. A suspect is being sought for vehicle prowling.
• A camper reported suspicious activity at Odlin Park on Lopez during the early morning hours. The suspect was identified and is being charged for a related incident.
• San Juan deputy arrested a driver for a trip permit violation and issued them a citation for having an expired registration.
• Deputies responded to the theft of an upholstered cushion from a bench in the sanctuary building of a Lopez church.
• A Lopez bus driver reported a motorist who had passed the school bus while the red lights were flashing on Fisherman Bay Road. The driver was identified and received a citation.
• Deputies on Orcas responded to a report that someone had switched out a license plate on a vehicle at the airport.
• A deputy was called to a Lopez business to remove a male who previously caused a large disturbance at the location.
• A Lopez deputy was contacted to investigate an ongoing harassment issue.
• A deputy stopped the driver with a suspended license on Deer Harbor Road. The driver was issued a citation for driving 40 mph in a 25 mph zone, a warning for not having proof of insurance.
• A San Juan deputy stopped a vehicle for having a defective taillight. The driver was arrested for driving under the influence in the third degree and for an ignition interlock violation, and was issued a citation for a defective taillight and for not having insurance.
• Orcas deputies issued the driver of a vehicle a citation for speeding and a warning for distracted driving.
• A deputy responded to an order violation call in Friday Harbor.
• Deputies on Orcas stopped the driver of a vehicle for speeding and issued them a citation for driving 18 mph over the speed limit.
• A Lopez deputy was called to check on an electric bicycle that was forgotten on the ferry and unloaded by the crew at the ferry terminal. The owner returned and claimed the bike hours later.
• Deputies issued a driver a citation for speeding 47 mph in a 35 mph zone, and for not having a valid driver’s license.
• Orcas deputies responded to a shoplifting complaint in Eastsound. Charges are pending.
• A Lopez resident was contacted about a vehicle for sale parked on a public road. Its owner agreed to move the vehicle, no enforcement action was taken.
• A deputy arrested a Friday Harbor man on an active warrant. The man was booked into jail a hearing.
• San Juan deputies were dispatched to a report of a mental health issue. While attempting to take the subject into protective custody a deputy was assaulted. The subject was booked into jail for felony assault.