- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
San Juan Community Foundation's matching program donations peak $31,000
The San Juan Community Foundation's matching program generated more than $31,000 in donations during the four-day run of the San Juan County Fair.
Under the program, the Foundation matched up to 50 percent of each of the eight separate non-profits represented through the program and their respective project goals, for a total of $44,000 in donations generated at the Fair.
At the conclusion of the Fair, 2-year-old Gabby Baisch of Friday Harbor reached into a glass jar at the Foundation's booth that contained names of everyone that made a donation, and drew the name of Allen Rosenberg. In turn, Rosenberg chose Islands Oil Spill Association as recipient of a $1,000 bonus donation from the Foundation.
Recipients of the Foundation matching program donations, and respective projects, are:
• Friday Harbor Animal Protection Society: a new animal shelter
• Islands Oil Spill Association: a new supply trailer
• Museum of History & Industry: exhibit expansion project
• Community Foundation: Scholarship Fund
• Islands Museum of Art: new building
• Family Resource Center: mentoring program
• Community Foundation Women’s Fund: membership drive
• Friday Harbor Band Families & Friends: musical instrument repair and acquisition
For more about the Community Foundation, and its matching program, visit, www.sjicf.org
The Community Foundation extended its deepest gratitude to all who made this annual event so enjoyable – and so successful.