- Agreement reached between teachers union and San Juan Island School District - school in session Sept. 2
- Friday Harbor airport construction begins with night work
- No change reported in San Juan School District and teachers' union dispute | Schools may not open Tuesday
- San Juan County Stormwater plan open house week of Sept. 15
- Summer drift card drop to study oil spill impacts in the Salish Sea | FRIENDS of the San Juan’s
- United States Department of Agriculture nutrition guidelines expanded for students
- United Way of San Juan County Day of Caring Sept. 13
- Update | Progress but no agreement in San Juan School District and teachers union talks
- Update | San Juan Island School District and teachers union met through Sunday evening - no settlement reached
- Washington State Ferries weekly update
- Best Bet: don't miss last-ever performance of 'Pickett', tonight
- Dance Happy classes begin Sept. 8
- Featured at the Fair: Blockbuster Saturday; Loop Run, Trashion Fashion, Hit Machine, and more
- Featured at the Fair: Rock-Bot, live karaoke, and you, Friday
- Frazer Homestead Walk | American Camp
- General George E. Pickett: Life & Times
- Lovers beset by stormy seas in 'Enchanted Island'
- Orcas Island Chamber of Commerce Music in the Park
- San Juan Community Theatre
- “War of the Whales” event and book signing | The Whale Museum Friday Harbor
- About Us
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Yearly chip seal roadwork begins May 14 on San Juan
The San Juan County Public Works Department will begin its annual resurfacing program on San Juan Island Tuesday, May 14, weather permitting.
There will be a total of 11 working days to chip seal 18 miles of roadway and an additional seven days to fog seal 32 miles of roads. The work is expected to be complete by June 28.
First up is Golf Course Road.
Work will then proceed to all, or portions, of Cattle Point, Argyle, Apple Tree, Cedar, Dougherty, Harbor View, Hannah, Bailer Hill, North Star, Oak Hill, Ranchos, Westside, Mitchell Bay, DeHaro, Yacht Haven, Armadale, White Point, Roche Harbor, and #2 Schoolhouse roads.
For more information, go online to Public Works home page on the county website: www.sanjuanco.com/publicworks/pw_index.aspx. Click on the chip seal links on the right side of the page under “What’s New”.