- Agreement reached between teachers union and San Juan Island School District - school in session Sept. 2
- Friday Harbor airport construction begins with night work
- No change reported in San Juan School District and teachers' union dispute | Schools may not open Tuesday
- San Juan County Stormwater plan open house week of Sept. 15
- Summer drift card drop to study oil spill impacts in the Salish Sea | FRIENDS of the San Juan’s
- United States Department of Agriculture nutrition guidelines expanded for students
- United Way of San Juan County Day of Caring Sept. 13
- Update | Progress but no agreement in San Juan School District and teachers union talks
- Update | San Juan Island School District and teachers union met through Sunday evening - no settlement reached
- Washington State Ferries weekly update
- Best Bet: don't miss last-ever performance of 'Pickett', tonight
- Dance Happy classes begin Sept. 8
- Featured at the Fair: Blockbuster Saturday; Loop Run, Trashion Fashion, Hit Machine, and more
- Featured at the Fair: Rock-Bot, live karaoke, and you, Friday
- Frazer Homestead Walk | American Camp
- General George E. Pickett: Life & Times
- Lovers beset by stormy seas in 'Enchanted Island'
- Orcas Island Chamber of Commerce Music in the Park
- San Juan Community Theatre
- “War of the Whales” event and book signing | The Whale Museum Friday Harbor
- About Us
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Sutton Road vendor selection committee meets Friday
San Juan County's vendor selection committee for the solid waste operation on Sutton Road will meet Friday, Sept. 28, in the conference room of the county Legislative Building, 55 Second St., beginning at 10 a.m.
The committee is tasked with reviewing proposals submitted by private entities seeking to take over the county's solid waste operation at Sutton Road, and then providing a recommendation to the County Council about which proposal it should select.
Members of the committee are: County Councilman Rich Peterson, chairman, Ed Hale, Public Works utilities manager, Jeff Clark, Sutton Road site superintendent, Town of Friday Harbor Administrator Duncan Wilson, and Ed Grueb and Jeremy Talbott of the county Solid Waste Advisory Committee.