- About Us
- best match
- date modified
- Jul 19, 2008 at 7:00AM updated Jul 21, 2013 at 10:50AM
Friday Harbor Town Council members approved Thursday the circulation of a petition for annexation of the 46-acre Buck property, 15 acres of which would be an affordable-housing neighborhood developed by the San Juan Community Home Trust.
- Jul 16, 2008 at 1:00PM updated Jul 19, 2013 at 7:18AM
Ballots for the Aug. 19 primary election go out in the mail in 16 days, on Aug. 1. If you aren’t registered to vote, do so.
- May 28, 2008 at 7:00AM updated Jul 19, 2013 at 7:17AM
The sea surface can be a barrier, keeping us from “seeing,” in the way we would “see” in a forest or meadow. We started the Spring Street Aquarium in order to reveal the abundant nature to be found under that surface.
- Jul 18, 2008 at 3:00PM updated Jul 19, 2013 at 7:16AM
Five local writers will read from their work tonight at 6:30 in the San Juan Island Library. The event is free and open to the public.
- Jul 9, 2008 at 2:00PM updated Jul 19, 2013 at 6:57AM
Prompted by neighborhood complaints, the council will take a second look at remedies that might lessen traffic impacts on Nash Street when it sets priorities next week in the annual update of the town’s six-year transportation improvement plan.
- Jul 16, 2008 at 12:00AM updated Jul 19, 2013 at 6:54AM
They’re familiar faces on the golf course at San Juan Golf and Country Club.
- Jul 18, 2008 at 9:00AM updated Jul 19, 2013 at 6:32AM
Westcott Bay Institute for Art & Nature and the Visual Arts Museum of San Juan County will merge and create a new organization under a new name. The merger means both organizations will work together to build an accredited county arts museum, preferably in Friday Harbor.
- Jul 18, 2008 at 2:38PM
The draft Environmental Impact Statement for the San Juan Island waste-transfer station project will be presented to the County Council, the state Department of Ecology and released to the public on July 28. The release marks the beginning of a 45-day public comment period.
- Jul 17, 2008 at 4:00PM updated at 6:08PM
San Juan Island EMS Chief Jim Cole has been designated a chief medical officer by the Commission on Professional Credentialing of the Center for Public Safety Excellence.
- Jul 3, 2008 at 10:00AM updated Jul 17, 2013 at 6:05PM
A quick glance at Friday's island events.
- Jul 9, 2008 at 2:00PM updated Jul 17, 2013 at 6:04PM
The word is out. And thanks to MSNBC, the Fourth of July celebrations in the San Juans are no longer flying under the radar. The cable news station recently pegged the archipelago’s festivities as being among the nation’s top 10, rivaling those of Boston, Philadelphia and Mount Rushmore.
- Jul 16, 2008 at 12:00AM updated Jul 17, 2013 at 5:59PM
On July 2, the summer crabbing season began in San Juan County. The WSU Beach Watchers Program reminds crabbers that using a crab pot escape cord prevents needless waste of the crab resource. Volunteers are reaching out to all crabbers to hand out information about crab pot escape cords and to provide free samples of the cord.
- Jul 16, 2008 at 3:00PM updated Jul 17, 2013 at 4:52PM
Scores from around San Juan Island.
- Jul 16, 2008 at 4:00PM updated Jul 17, 2013 at 4:47PM
- Jul 16, 2008 at 3:00PM updated Jul 17, 2013 at 4:40PM
Summer Reading Program with Wolf Hollow, 1:30 p.m., Friday Harbor Elementary School field. Learn all about birds of prey and become more aware of the birds living around us. Learn how your activities can cause problems for these animals, and consider what you can do to help. Sponsored by the San Juan Island Library. 378-2798.
- Jul 16, 2008 at 2:00PM updated Jul 17, 2013 at 4:29PM
The Turn Point Lighthouse Restoration Society’s museum at Turn Point opened July 4.
- Jul 9, 2008 at 3:00PM updated Jul 17, 2013 at 4:27PM
The Friends of the San Juan Island Library will hold its 29th annual Summer Book Sale on July 25 and 26
- Jul 9, 2008 at 3:00PM updated Jul 17, 2013 at 4:26PM
Playwrights: get ready to share your works in hopes of seeing them come to life at the San Juan Community Theatre.
- Jul 1, 2008 at 2:00PM updated Jul 17, 2013 at 4:15PM
The San Juan Island Chamber of Commerce is in the final days of raising funds to pay for the spectacular Fourth of July fireworks show held every year in Friday Harbor.
- Jul 9, 2008 at 8:00AM updated Jul 17, 2013 at 4:14PM
Tim Clark, Agricultural Resources Committee (ARC) Farm preservation coordinator spoke to the County Council on June 24. Clark’s program is funded through a state grant to the County; his job involves public outreach, coordinating with County Assessor Charles Zalmanek, to label Open Spaces areas, drawing an agricultural map and researching funding opportunities. Agricultural Open Space is the classification for preserving farmland; the program is administered by the County Assessor.
- Jul 9, 2008 at 10:00AM updated Jul 17, 2013 at 4:08PM
Island Rec is now accepting registrations for the Co-Ed Softball Tournament on Aug. 2-3.
- Jun 25, 2008 at 3:00PM updated Jul 17, 2013 at 3:24PM
San Juan Community Theatre is offering two Children’s Summer Theatre Workshops in July, presented by professional theater artists.
- Jun 25, 2008 at 5:00AM updated Jul 17, 2013 at 3:22PM
Today: Summer Reading Program kickoff with Maggie Gallivan, 1:30 p.m., Friday Harbor Elementary School field. Enjoy music with Maggie Gallivan, popcorn, lemonade and lots of fun. Sponsored by the San Juan Island Library. Call 378-2798.
- Jul 9, 2008 at 3:00PM updated Jul 17, 2013 at 3:20PM
You’ve probably heard of the Washington State Department of Ecology’s “Litter and It Will Hurt” campaign. It’s a clever slogan. But, when it comes to one particular type of litter here in San Juan County, perhaps the slogan should be “Don’t Be An Ash!”.
- Jul 17, 2008 at 3:04PM
The Lummi Arts Festival is Friday through Sunday, with events planned in three locations: The gallery on the corner of West and First streets, Dance Workshop II on Second Street, and the San Juan Historical Museum. The events are free and open to the public.
- best match
- date modified