- About Us
- posted Jul 15, 2008 at 12:41 AM— updated Jul 17, 2008 at 4:47 PM
- posted Jul 15, 2008 at 12:41 AM— updated Jul 16, 2008 at 2:31 PM
San Juan County Sheriff’s Department reported responding to these calls.
- posted Jul 15, 2008 at 12:41 AM
A San Juan Island man who pummeled a couple’s cars with eggs, tossed a block of concrete through the rear window of one and repeatedly vandalized their vehicles has been sentenced to 15 days in jail.
- posted Jul 15, 2008 at 12:41 AM— updated Sep 16, 2008 at 9:14 PM
- posted Jul 15, 2008 at 12:41 AM— updated Jul 30, 2008 at 12:24 PM
Sea to Sand. That’s what it’s like cruising up the Columbia River.
- posted Jul 15, 2008 at 12:41 AM— updated Jul 17, 2008 at 5:59 PM
On July 2, the summer crabbing season began in San Juan County. The WSU Beach Watchers Program reminds crabbers that using a crab pot escape cord prevents needless waste of the crab resource. Volunteers are reaching out to all crabbers to hand out information about crab pot escape cords and to provide free samples of the cord.
- posted Jul 15, 2008 at 12:42 AM— updated Jul 19, 2008 at 6:54 AM
They’re familiar faces on the golf course at San Juan Golf and Country Club.
- posted Jul 15, 2008 at 12:42 AM— updated Jul 17, 2008 at 4:52 PM
Scores from around San Juan Island.
- posted Jul 15, 2008 at 12:42 AM— updated Jul 16, 2008 at 3:09 PM
Bragging rights and more will be on the line when the Friday Harbor Baseball Boosters Club hosts its first Wolverine alumni game and fund-raiser July 26 at Hartman Field. Game time is TBD.
- posted Jul 15, 2008 at 12:42 AM— updated Jul 16, 2008 at 3:10 PM
The Northwest Washington American Institute of Architects annual Golf Tournament benefits the NWAIA Scholarship Endowment Fund.
- posted Jul 15, 2008 at 12:42 AM— updated Jul 17, 2008 at 4:29 PM
The Turn Point Lighthouse Restoration Society’s museum at Turn Point opened July 4.
- posted Jul 15, 2008 at 12:42 AM— updated Jul 16, 2008 at 2:52 PM
Eight students from San Juan Island and two from Lopez were named to the University of Washington Dean’s List for the spring quarter.
- posted Jul 15, 2008 at 12:42 AM— updated Jul 17, 2008 at 4:40 PM
Summer Reading Program with Wolf Hollow, 1:30 p.m., Friday Harbor Elementary School field. Learn all about birds of prey and become more aware of the birds living around us. Learn how your activities can cause problems for these animals, and consider what you can do to help. Sponsored by the San Juan Island Library. 378-2798.
- posted Jul 15, 2008 at 12:42 AM— updated Jul 24, 2008 at 12:56 PM
The National Park Service's 10th annual “Encampment” at English Camp July 26-27
- posted Jul 15, 2008 at 12:43 AM
John Harlin III successfully climbed the Eiger in the Alps 40 years after the mountain claimed the life of his famous father.
- posted Jul 15, 2008 at 12:43 AM— updated Jul 23, 2008 at 10:00 AM
They’ve played for audiences around the world. And now, California Guitar Trio brings their whirlwind of instrumental styles to Friday Harbor and the San Juan Community Theatre on Tuesday at 8 p.m.
- posted Jul 15, 2008 at 12:43 AM— updated Jul 17, 2008 at 3:01 PM
Ah, mid-July. A welcome respite from the chill of “June-uary.” The days are reliably warm. Sandals can be worn consistently without socks. Swimsuits have been donned … and the lack of coverage displays just what sort of ink people are wearing these days. Yes, tattoos.
- posted Jul 15, 2008 at 12:43 AM— updated Jul 19, 2008 at 7:18 AM
Ballots for the Aug. 19 primary election go out in the mail in 16 days, on Aug. 1. If you aren’t registered to vote, do so.
- posted Jul 15, 2008 at 12:53 AM— updated Jul 29, 2008 at 4:37 PM
This letter is in support of Randy Gaylord for San Juan County Superior Court judge. My recommendation is based on the following ...
- posted Jul 17, 2008 at 3:04 PM
The Lummi Arts Festival is Friday through Sunday, with events planned in three locations: The gallery on the corner of West and First streets, Dance Workshop II on Second Street, and the San Juan Historical Museum. The events are free and open to the public.
- posted Jul 18, 2008 at 9:21 AM— updated Jul 19, 2008 at 6:32 AM
Westcott Bay Institute for Art & Nature and the Visual Arts Museum of San Juan County will merge and create a new organization under a new name. The merger means both organizations will work together to build an accredited county arts museum, preferably in Friday Harbor.
- posted Jul 18, 2008 at 2:38 PM
The draft Environmental Impact Statement for the San Juan Island waste-transfer station project will be presented to the County Council, the state Department of Ecology and released to the public on July 28. The release marks the beginning of a 45-day public comment period.
- posted Jul 18, 2008 at 3:09 PM— updated Jul 19, 2008 at 7:16 AM
Five local writers will read from their work tonight at 6:30 in the San Juan Island Library. The event is free and open to the public.
- posted Jul 19, 2008 at 6:31 AM— updated Sep 16, 2008 at 9:15 PM
Come Aug. 7, Anna Maria de Freitas, Bob Low, Noel Monin or Dan Zaehring will be sworn in as a council member – in time to consider a land-use matter with the council’s senior member, Carrie Brooks, on vacation.
- posted Jul 19, 2008 at 7:10 AM— updated Jul 21, 2008 at 10:53 AM
An incorrectly plumbed sink at Sweet Retreat on Spring Street is believed to be a cause of detergents detected in the harbor.