- Agreement reached between teachers union and San Juan Island School District - school in session Sept. 2
- Friday Harbor airport construction begins with night work
- No change reported in San Juan School District and teachers' union dispute | Schools may not open Tuesday
- San Juan County Stormwater plan open house week of Sept. 15
- Summer drift card drop to study oil spill impacts in the Salish Sea | FRIENDS of the San Juan’s
- United States Department of Agriculture nutrition guidelines expanded for students
- United Way of San Juan County Day of Caring Sept. 13
- Update | Progress but no agreement in San Juan School District and teachers union talks
- Update | San Juan Island School District and teachers union met through Sunday evening - no settlement reached
- Washington State Ferries weekly update
- Best Bet: don't miss last-ever performance of 'Pickett', tonight
- Dance Happy classes begin Sept. 8
- Featured at the Fair: Blockbuster Saturday; Loop Run, Trashion Fashion, Hit Machine, and more
- Featured at the Fair: Rock-Bot, live karaoke, and you, Friday
- Frazer Homestead Walk | American Camp
- General George E. Pickett: Life & Times
- Lovers beset by stormy seas in 'Enchanted Island'
- Orcas Island Chamber of Commerce Music in the Park
- San Juan Community Theatre
- “War of the Whales” event and book signing | The Whale Museum Friday Harbor
- About Us
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Marjorie H. Webb | Passages
Marjorie H. Webb, a longtime resident of San Juan Island, passed away on Oct. 9, 2009. She was 81.
She was born on Jan. 4, 1928 in Portland, Ore., the daughter of Gustav and Marie Weber.
Marjorie was employed as a secretary in Portland for 25 years, before her retirement in 1983. Robert H. Webb and Marjorie were united in marriage in 1943.
Marjorie was a beloved wife, loving sister, favorite aunt, dear neighbor, and cherished friend. She was an exceptional lady, special in her own unique way to each person. She had grace, effortless beauty, and simple elegance – always carrying herself with dignity.
Marjorie was preceded in death by her husband, Robert.
A funeral service will be held at 1:30 p.m., Oct. 14, 2009 at Valley Church in Friday Harbor with Pastor Archie Brooks officiating. Interment will follow at Valley Cemetery, where Marjorie will be laid to rest next to her husband.
Arrangements are in the care of Evans Funeral Chapel & Crematory, Anacortes and the San Juan Islands. To share memories of Marjorie, sign the online guest register at www.evanschapel.com