Submitted by the San Juan Island Community Foundation
From Aug. 15-18, fairgoers are invited to visit the San Juan Island Community Foundation’s booth in the main hall to learn about and boost support of eight community projects. The Community Foundation is pleased to match 50 cents on every dollar raised until each project goal has been reached.
The community projects featured are:
• Musical Theatre Production Fund, San Juan Community Theatre.
• Sun Rise II, forever-affordable homes, San Juan Island Community Home Trust.
• Wheelchair ramp, PADs for Parkinson’s.
• Family Art Days, San Juan Islands Museum of Art.
• Volunteer training, Hospice of San Juan.
• Preschool scholarships, Family Umbrella Group.
• Building expansion, Joyce L. Sobel Family Resource Center.
• Membership drive, San Juan Island Community Foundation Women’s Fund.
People may contribute by cash, check or credit card or online at www.sjicf.org. Nonprofit representatives and Community Foundation staff and board members will be on hand to answer any questions.
Also, the names of all donors will be entered in a drawing that will be held on the last day of the fair. The winning person will be invited to designate an additional $1,000 to be awarded to any one of the eight featured projects.
Stop by the Community Foundation booth to say hello, make a donation or learn about the many services they provide.
The San Juan Island Community Foundation serves as a nonprofit philanthropic umbrella organization helping donors, nonprofits and public organizations to achieve their goals through direct grants, organizational assistance and philanthropic resource management. For further information about the Community Foundation, call 360-378-1001, write to PO Box 1352, Friday Harbor, WA 98250 or visit the office located at 640 Mullis St., Suite 104, Friday Harbor.