Submitted by event organizers
Attention drivers, on Saturday, June 17, the Lakedale Three Lakes Triathlon will kick off its fifth year with cyclists and runners on the roadways. The 16th Annual King’s San Juan Island Marathon, Half Marathon and 10k runners will also be on the roads on Sunday, June 18.
Saturday, June 16, triathlon course maps:
Sunday, June 17, marathon, half-marathon and 10K course maps:
Drivers are advised to:
- Slow down and obey the posted speed limits and caution signs.
- Yield to pedestrians and cyclists when turning.
- Use caution when passing Athlete Aid Stations.
- Allow three feet when passing bicyclists.
Athletes are advised to:
- Not to wear headphones; you need to be able to hear if a car is approaching.
- Slow down and check for oncoming traffic before entering or crossing any street or intersection
- Do your best to anticipate hazards and adjust your position in traffic accordingly.
- Be predictable: ride with the flow of traffic and Run against traffic, and in a straight line.
Here’s to another a safe and beautiful event for each and every athlete and volunteer motivators from start to finish.