Submitted by the San Juan Community Home Trust
As the San Juan Community Home Trust begins to draw the curtain on 2017, staff take heart in reflecting on the progress and accomplishments the trust has seen this year:
- Staff welcomed the new Executive Director, David Gow, on May 1, and the new Administrative Assistant, Nancy Stark in August.
- The trust fully repaid the initial construction loan of $1 million for Sun Rise II. No small task but with the generous support of our island community staff happily retired this loan.
- Three more classic homes from the Victoria/Oak Bay areas of Vancouver Island were sold in Sun Rise II. Plans are now in the works to complete this development with the barging in of four more homes of the same style.
- Three generous contributors stepped forward to sponsor three homes with a donation of $75,000 each.
- Staff celebrated the organization’s fifth annual San Juan Fiesta in July.
The trust welcomes calls for a tour of any of our neighborhoods (Salal off Carter, Sun Rise I and II off Grover). Call 360-378-5541 or stop by the office at 435 Argyle Avenue in Friday Harbor.
Staff are always mindful of the generosity of those who have supported and continue to support the trust, and its mission of providing permanently affordable housing for San Juan Island. Heartfelt thanks to you all!