- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Community Foundation 'match program' raises $44K in donations
The San Juan Community Foundation's "matching program" generated more than $31,000 in donations during the four-day run of the San Juan County Fair.
Under the program, the Community Foundation matched up to 50 percent of each of the eight separate non-profits represented through the program and their respective project goals, for a total of $44,000 in donations generated at the Fair.
At the conclusion of the Fair, 2-year-old Gabby Baisch of Friday Harbor reached into a glass jar at the Foundation's booth that contained names of everyone that made a donation, and drew the name of Allen Rosenberg. Rosenberg in turn chose Islands Oil Spill Association as recipient of a $1,000 bonus donation from the Foundation.
Recipients of the Foundation matching program donations, and their respective projects:
• Friday Harbor Animal Protection Society: a new animal shelter
• Islands Oil Spill Association: a new supply trailer
• Museum of History & Industry: exhibit expansion project
• Community Foundation: Scholarship Fund
• Islands Museum of Art: new building
• Family Resource Center: mentoring program
• Community Foundation Women’s Fund: membership drive
• Friday Harbor Band Families & Friends: musical instrument repair and acquisition
For more about the Community Foundation, and its matching program, visit, www.sjicf.org